Through funding from the Department of the Treasury’s Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program, there are a wide variety of state, territorial, tribal, and local government programs that have been tailored to address the special needs of communities during these difficult times. The USTP has partnered with the Treasury Department to help raise awareness about ERA in the hopes of helping individuals to avoid bankruptcy altogether or, at a minimum, better position debtors to exit bankruptcy successfully. To assist in this effort and ensure that debtors are informed about relief that may be available to them, the USTP has prepared an Informational Notice (Notice) on ERA programs that is posted on its website. The Notice provides an overview of ERA, along with links to learn about available options by state (and, in some cases, county), get answers to frequently asked questions, or find a HUD‑approved housing counselor, among other things. It is available in both English and Spanish.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy FAQs
- Robert E. Girvan III spoke at the 24th Annual MCLE Bankruptcy Law Conference in Boston on January 12th on “Thorny Lien Issues”
- Gary Weiner named chair of the Client Security Board by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- 2023 edition of the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Student Loan Updates – November 2022